Monday, December 8, 2008

Tea Pee

Got the papers done on time. Next up: Finals. My first final is tomorrow evening, then one each day for the rest of the week. I'm not too stressed out... I have enough time. Quite honestly, compared to paper writing, testing seems like a vacation. I wish that I could just test my way through college. I understand that it would be a horrible system, much like the standardized crap that k-12 students are shuffled through, but it would work for me. :P Anyway, once finals are over, I'll be on break until January 5th. I'll be utilizing that free time to work on the "office" we are going to have in the 2nd bedroom. As of right now, that room mostly functions as the habitat for our pet random-stuff eating monster. Everyday, we put important and uncategorized things in there, to be consumed by said monster and to never be seen again. He apparently covets the giant boxes of stuff we have put in there, as they have accumulated to Mt. Everest sized proportions.

And, just in time for late night studying, I have become obsessed with tea. My favorite blend right now is this deliciously fragrant mix of jasmine green tea and a tropical rooibos tea. I can't stop brewing and drinking this stuff, which means I sleep no more than 2 hours before waking up and having to pee furiously.
...but at least I wake up first, right?

So, for any of you that have been completely stressed out about what to get me, your beloved one and only Michelle, for Christmas...relief is here! Tea. Loose leaf, delicious tea. The more exotic, the better. I bought this latest mix from a lovely store in Sacramento called Teavana, however I think it's way overpriced. I mean, hello... it's tea. People of all incomes and walks of life drink tea, so when the cost of a few ounces of tea is equivalent to the monthly salary poverty line in Indonesia, something is terribly wrong.... and so very American. (BTW, the poverty line in Indonesia is $20/month.)


On a lighter note, I just barely saw this video today, although it has already made the rounds online... so if you haven't seen it, enjoy! Or not, depending on your political/moral/whatever stance on Prop 8.



I'll be back here after finals!

No comments: