Friday, March 6, 2009

A sigh of Relief and the Smell of... cedar.

Ah, Friday. I'm finally sitting at the computer, wasting time and not feeling guilty about it. Usually I am sitting here, with some massive amount of homework to be done, yet I find myself chatting with Danielle, planning the classes I am going to take for the next few years, making grocery lists, reading up on health news, and generally being productive -- while putting off the task at hand.
But today is different. There are no deadlines. In fact, all that's left is finals, which are in about a week and half. That means I can enjoy my weekend and, um, put things off until next week! Hooray!

In other news, Mrs. Socks is adorable. As I started typing this, she managed to squeeze her zaftig self under the desk and is sleeping at my feet... something that she's never done. It's extra cute since she's always refused to snuggle and has been the independent type all her life.

We also bought her a new bed from Costco... and it's fantastic. We kinda underestimated the size of it, though, but it seems to be working out just fine. It has cedar in it, so the house has been smelling of the lovely combination of cedar and dog farts. Like... a rotting forest. We're hoping the recent change from lamb to chicken based food will help. I'll be sure to update you on the status of the smell in news to come.

In real news, Diego is going to be a blood donor for the UC Davis VetMed Teaching Hospital. We took him in last week to have some blood drawn to see if he'd qualify, and today they let me know that his bloodwork was normal and that he's the universal donor type. The impressive part is that he'll be awake while he donates,something that I've never seen - we used to knock the dogs out when we'd take their blood at my last job. So that'll be fun to watch. (They said I could!) On a selfish note, he got $300 worth of bloodwork done. Yay on saving money! Also... every time he donates, they give away goodies, so everybody wins.

I've concluded that every quarter, there will be a class that makes me obnoxious. Last quarter, it was wine making. This time around, it's my nutrition class. I'm fairly certain that Mark avoids this topic at all costs because once I get started, I can't shut up. It's the product of having to read so many medical journals and clinical trials.. "Mark! We need to take more omega-3's! We need to eat this and we need to avoid that and did you know...blah blah blah" I mean, it's all good stuff, but I tend to get carried away.

I still can't believe it's March.
And I still love Davis! Someone pinch meeeeee!

1 comment:

WJ Marx said...

Jajaja... Don't you love Davis :D??!!!
you don't a pinch my friend, evertything is real
and you deserve it!